Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pick a Little? Pick a LOT!

This here is our local pumpkin patch. I must say that it is beautiful to go out to the pumpkin patch here in our neck of the woods!

Photobucket

Blossom began her hunt for the smallest pumpkin.

Photobucket

It wasn't long before she decided that she needed a bigger one, too. She needed one that could be carved!

Photobucket

Branch walked and walked and searched and searched. Finally she said, "Well, I think I will take that one I saw a while back that was kind of shaped like a peanut and was about this big."

Photobucket

She never found THAT pumpkin, but she found this one and seemed pleased with her choice.

Photobucket

Bud searched the ENTIRE pumpkin patch. EVERY pumpkin was scrutinized. He called me over and said that this was "the one."

Photobucket

Then, he got to looking at the back side of the pumpkin...

Photobucket

Aw, shucks. This is NOT the one. Bugs have eaten lots of little holes into the back. Grrr... back to the drawing board!

Photobucket

Now, THIS is "the one" - the one that got put into the back of the Tahoe!

Photobucket

Pops found his. I claimed to not need or want one. The family chose one for me anyhow because they wanted the seeds for roasting! Apparently, you can never have too many pumpkin seeds to roast...

Photobucket

We all had a nice time in the pumpkin patch. I had some trouble keeping up with everyone running this way and that, requesting a picture of this pumpkin and that one and don't forget that funny shaped one over there... Oh, my! They must have forgotten that we have a baby coming in just over a month and my body is busy growing that baby!!

Photobucket

The pumpkins in the patch that were chosen for taking home were scattered all around from one end to the other. No one wanted to carry their own pumpkin because they were choosing such big pumpkins! So, I hopped in the Tahoe and drove around the patch and stopped near each pumpkin for Pops to load up. It was fun to see them having a good time - even through my mirrors!

Photobucket

It wasn't terribly wet in the field, but it was wet enough that they all had some mud caked on their shoes. So, they had to walk their way out of the field and across the street over to the farm stand where we could pay for the pumpkins. No muddy shoes and bots in my clean vehicle, thank you! Yes, there is a tractor ride available... on Saturday and Sunday - not on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon!!

Photobucket

NO worries... objects in mirror are closer than they appear!!

Good times in the fall. More pumpkin fun to follow... the Pumpkin Festival was over the weekend and I have pictures to share!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time.
    I love the kids wearing matching clothes!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of fall. Those orange pumpkins all over the field were lovely. Glad everyone found just the "right" pumpkin. And I know those seeds will be harvested, seasoned and roasted to perfection! Love, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the pictures in the mirror, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!