Thursday, October 8, 2009

Makin' a little yum

To kick off "A" week, I thought my little Blossom would like to do a little kitchen concocting. So, this is what she did the other day!

I found just the recipe for her to work on "all by herself"... Apple dip. Of course, the most beautiful cooks have to come to the kitchen ready for anything. Check out her "ensemble" - ready to go! For the record, she informed me that she looks like Ariel when she gets married to Prince Eric on the boat.

Step 1: Open one stick of butter and put in a microwave safe bowl.
Photobucket

Step 2:Dump in 2/3 cup packed brown sugar.
Photobucket

Eventually, the brown sugar will just "magically" fall out in a big lump and please the cook greatly!
Photobucket

Step 3: Pour in 1/2 cup light corn syrup.
Photobucket

Step 4: Add in one can of sweetened condensed milk
Photobucket

Step 5: Microwave on High for 4 minutes, stirring after every minute.
Photobucket

Step 6: Dish it up and ENJOY!!
Photobucket

Make sure that you have plenty of apple slices. (Or, I suppose pears will work if it is "P" week at your house!)
Photobucket

Open your mouth super wide to make sure you get all of that yummy goodness in your mouth and not on your chin or beautiful dress.
Photobucket

But, whatever you do... don't smile when you know you've done good!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Where did you get the lovely recipe book holder in the background? Love it!

    Hmmm... thinking Christmas gifts for Mom...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a prettiful cook! And you made a great picture/recipe album. It makes me want to eat some of your yummy carmel on an apple....A. Love, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love To Cook - I don't know how to leave you an email as I can't seem to find a profile for you... BUT, I got that recipe book holder at either a Joann Fabrics or a Michael's craft store about 2 years ago, I believe. I think that it was marked around $50 but, I had one of those "make your own sale coupons" for 40% or so off of a regular price. I don't know if they can still be found or not.

    To be real honest... I sort of wish that I didn't have it! It sits there and makes for a clutter spot to begin on my counter. I always leave the same cookbook in it - and change the page to show a different picture at different times of the year, but I don't use it functionally and that defeats the purpose, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Ariel comparison. Sounds like something that would be uttered in my own kitchen! I get such a kick out of seeing kids doing regular every day things when they're all dressed up as someone else.

    The power of pretend is strong with this one! ;)

    Looks yummy!

    And I must say, I sure do like A week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!