Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It had to be done sometime.

This awful chore seems to follow me wherever I am. I cannot escape! In its defense, I did enjoy doing laundry at the laundry mat much more than at home. Perhaps I need to have 4 washing machines and four dryers and then I wouldn't detest doing laundry quite so badly!

Photobucket

I haven't been to a laundry mat in quite some time. I was amazed! There are "regular" washing machines. There are "double load" washing machines. There are "triple load" washing machines. There are "giant" washing machines. The last time I went, there were regular and oversized washing machines. This laundry mat offered two sizes of dryers and they did work quite well. You can see the larger sized dryers on the right side of the picture above (and below) - I could have crawled inside and sat fairly comfortably inside that machine! The regular ones you can see at the top to the left in the picture below.

Photobucket

On the other hand... the price of doing a load of laundry has increased as well. We used the "double load" washers and had to pay $2.50 per load! And drying? That you pay $0.25 for 6 minutes in a regular machine and $0.25 for 3 minutes in those giant dryers! Who would have thought that I would spend over $20 to do six days worth of laundry? NOT ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!