Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chasin'

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7...  Ready or NOT!  Here I come!!  


It was such a beautiful day today, that after we picked up Blossom from the YMCA I decided that it would be fun to hit our local sandwich and ice cream shop!  We ate on a picnic table outside in the warm sunshine and I kept thinking how blessed we are!!  After our meal, the kids gave me the "Thanks mom, you're the best!" speech and said how fun it was for them.  

Then, Bud said, "Is there something fun that you want to do, mom?"  

I replied "Yes, there is, but I'm not sure that you guys would want to do it..."  

They pleaded, "What is it?"  

I told them that I wanted to go for a drive to look at all the pretty fall colors and they said, "OK!  Let's go do that!"  ANYTHING to avoid going home, right?!!

So, off we went east out toward some beautiful curvy and windy roads with lots of trees!  We weren't much more than 5 minutes outside of town when the griping and groaning began.  I should have known!!  It isn't fun to go for a drive with no prize at the end of the drive!  No, friends, no far away family, no surprise of any kind!!  

So, we turned around and headed back to town.  On our way back, I remembered a small out of the way park with very few pieces of play equipment.  So, we stopped to get out and swing!  You would have thought that I earned my hero badge 10 times over today!  After the swings and slide got old  (the equipment was so ancient, I am not sure "old" is the right word!) they decided that all the huge pine trees would make for a great game of hide-n-seek!  They had great fun running and chasing and hiding behind the trees.  

It was one time that it was hard for mom to say, time to go... things to do!  I guess I'll file that place away for another day when the sunshine is warm and the kids are antsy!  

A late October day filled with warm sunshine... Three well-behaved (most of the time), loving kids...  The option to take an afternoon in the middle of the week and go for a fall drive...  So many parks to choose from in our SMALL town that I forgot about one...  Love all around us...

We ARE sooo blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!