Blossom has a favorite shirt. She would wear it every day if we'd let her! But, the sleeves are stained beyond belief on the forearms and the shirt is just too short anymore... her cute little belly wants to hang out! But, the shirt's graphics... fit her to a "T"!!
So, I decided it was either toss the shirt or make it more acceptable to me in terms of all its problems!! Blossom was crushed when I said it had to go... so, I contemplated how I could fix it!
She is pleased that it isn't going in the rag bag or the trash! I cut off the sleeves and pulled them tight while I stitched around the edges and that created a ruffly edge.
Then, I dug out some pink/heather grey knit that I had stashed in my fabric closet and cut off a piece to make a tube the same circumference as the bottom of the t-shirt and attached it and made the same kind of ruffled edge bottom as the sleeves.
I think that it turned out well and I am pleased to not have to put this in the hand-me down bin as a mess! I had so much fun doing it... I'm going to dig around for more t-shirts that need some love!