Friday, November 12, 2010

Taming the Flame

Photobucket


A tree has been calling to me for some time now. It was a quiet call at first. Mostly green, but beginning to smolder. Right there, off the interstate in the park, near its other more colorful friends - it was on the back burner.

Photobucket

"It is such a large tree. It should be glowing by now," I thought. "It has always been ablaze first, one of my favorites. I have never even noticed the other smaller ones."

Photobucket

I waited. It rained. I waited some more. It rained a little more. The leaves began to warm and call out to me as I drove past. They seemed to jeer, "You missed us last year... and the year before. OH! And you missed us the year before that, too! We will soon be gone and you will have missed us again."

Photobucket

The treekids need to run and play. The treekids want to swing and slide. The tree is shouting now that the leaves are beginning to fall. With a click, the fire was captured.

Photobucket

Oh, thank you, God for this fall blessing! The end of Oregon's summer "Fire Season" brought the most beautiful fire season of all. Look around your neighborhoods. Has it been a beautiful fire season where you are??

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Nebraska's autumn was gorgeous this year, too -- and now the last of it was gone...we have a dusting of snow on the ground this morning and it's cooooold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the leaves are so brilliantly colored. We were in Colorado this year for the Aspen and they were also beautiful. Your pictures are wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!