Monday, November 22, 2010

The Greatest Gift

On Saturday morning, Bump's birthday, we woke to a dusting of white stuff... everywhere!

Photobucket

This time it wasn't just up in the mountaintops... but right down in our yard!

Photobucket

Of course it WAS up on the tops of the mountains as well.

Photobucket

Mama and Papa were soooo excited for the birthday boy to wake up so that we could introduce him to one more outdoor kind of fun. He is such a outdoor loving boy, that we were nearly ready to wake him up just to take him into the snow! He woke up after the whoops and hollers from the upstairs bedrooms were too loud to ignore. After the drowsy wore off, Pops brought in a small tuft of white frozen fluff. Bump... wanted nothing to do with it. I tried to get him to touch it. nope. I tried to touch it to his finger. nope. I tried to get it near his mouth for him to taste. nope. Absolutely, positively nothing to do with that snow. So, Pops just took him outside for a little teeny bit to have a closer look at all the wonder of winter that has found its way into our little canyon!

Photobucket

The big kids were already out in full winter regalia yuckin' it up and having a great time. I could not find one picture with Bud out there playing - he was definitely avoiding the photo op that morning!

Photobucket

Branch built a small snowman, while Blossom built a tower for Rapunzel to live in. ??? Oh, for the love of princesses...

Photobucket

And this mess?? Can you guess? I had just left a comment on my friend, Michelle's blog not much more than 30 minutes earlier about our snow and how it didn't amount to much like it does in Nebraska... not even enough to really play in - like making snowmen and...

Photobucket

snow angels. What do I know. I am just a mom who is practical and replete of imagination! Pops was out snapping pics of the girls ruining his front lawn making beautiful angels while I anticipated breakfast. Poor little Bump... everyone was having fun outdoors without him.

Photobucket

And, don't for ONE minute think that you can sneak outdoors without him knowing! He knows. He always knows when you go out without him. He dances by the doors and windows just like a puppy who needs to be let out.

Photobucket

And he waits and waits. Not quietly, usually, but waits just the same. He KNOWS that there is tons of fun to be had out there. All fun is outside. ALL FUN.

Photobucket

PLEASE, oh, please... let me out to play with those fun kids. I love it out there. I WILL touch the white stuff ... out there where it belongs. Where I belong! Let me at it!!

Photobucket

Come on, da! You're a sucker... let me out with you!!!

Photobucket

Who could resist? The pictures ended there for the snow. The camera was put down and Bump went outside for a little while with Pops and the big kids, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!