Monday, December 28, 2009

My Daybook, Entry #14 - Good Bye 2009 Edition


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Monday, Dec 28, 2009...

Outside my window... Sunshine and clear blue skies. High temp of 45 today!

I am thinking... About my crazy 8 year old, Bud. Santa brought him "The Chronicles of Narnia" series - all the books in one very very thick book. It is 766 pages long. This is intimidating to some adults - let alone an 8 year old boy, I'd think! Well, not him... he has spent each night reading long into the night, well past the time that I am asleep, even! He has read that book three nights now and is on page 711. That's right... only 55 pages left before he is finished. He wants me to read it next. There is NO way that I am going to find the time to read that book in four nights, let alone a week or two!! Oh, well.

I am thankful for... plenty of time to spend with my little family here at home!!

From the learning rooms... Doing well plugging away - we'll have another go this week at our workbooks! We are working on core subjects to keep up on that and forgoing the art and such these days. We'll be back up to doing that by the time St. Valentine's Day rolls around - plenty of hearts we will make!!

From the kitchen...
Monday - Grilling marinated chicken breast (my FAVORITE marinade!!!)
Tuesday - Farfalle Pasta with Spinach & Bacon with some crusty bread
Wednesday - Either pork chops or a pork roast...
Thursday - lots of hors d' oeuvres for New Year's Eve
Friday - Breakfast - Apple Pancakes with fried apple topping
Saturday -Cheese Enchiladas, refried beans, chips and salsa
Sunday - Roast, Potatoes, Carrots, home baked loaf of bread

I am wearing... those soft cozy socks again, gray University of Nebraska yoga pants with "HUSKERS" screen printed up the side of the leg, a black Huskers Alumni t-shirt. Do you have your DVR set to record the Holiday Bowl on Wednesday the 30th?!?! Go Big Red!!!

I am creating... Quite voices signs for my children. When ever they are loud, the sign will light up and buzz back at them. I hope that it works in teaching them to use a quieter voice. OK Ok, not really, but I WANT to create something like this. I suppose that a dog's bark collar would serve the same purpose... do you think that would work?

I am going... No where, I hope... all week long! Well, we'll go to church on Thursday night and again on Saturday night (it seems to be easier to be on time with a new baby - when we live just over a half hour from our church, to go in the evening instead of in the mornings!) - but other than that? I hope NO WHERE! Oh, shucks, our membership to the drive-thru zoo expires this week - we might go there one more time, too.

I am reading... Shhhhhhhhhh, I am still reading about that secret that I mentioned last week!

I am hoping... that my poor old dog gets a bit perky again. Pops needs to take her to the vet to have her thyroid tested... he thinks that it is part of her troubles these days.

I am hearing... Blossom is wandering around looking for the die to the game that the treekids are trying to play. She tossed it across the floor and now can't find it. Santa brought a new game and I'll let you know if it is any good after we play a few times!

Around the house... Seriously? We had a bit of an explosion here in the living room as we opened presents this past week. There was wrapping paper everywhere! Even in our attempt to get each gift's paper into a trash bag before opening anything else... there were three very excited children!!!

One of my favorite things... I came out of my room on Christmas morning when I heard Blossom singing as she snooped around all of the Santa surprises. Here is her song...
"Happy birthday to Jesus,
Happy birthday to Jesus,
Happy birthday Dear Jesus,
Happy birthday to you!"

A few plans for the rest of the week... core subjects for school work, find homes for all the new Christmas gifts, drive-thru zoo, begin planning all my secret surprises for the treekids that are to arrive on Epiphany - when we celebrate the three kings finding the Christ Child!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

Bud wrote a letter to Santa Claus back in early November (to beat the rush) and gave many ideas of things he might like to unwrap for Christmas. He also asked for four jars of dill pickles. WHY, pickles?? He says that he likes the taste of them and wanted to eat his fill!! He has shared his pickles at several meals since Christmas Morning.

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!