Monday, February 15, 2010

My Daybook, Entry #21


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Monday, February 15, 2010...

Outside my window... Well, it is dark, now. But, when I woke this morning there was so much fog and clouds that I couldn't see the mountain out my window! Today it was 66 degreesand SUNNY at one point - it is 56 now.

I am thinking... I am soooooo "romantic." About a week and a half ago, I told Pops that if he REALLY wanted to get me a romantic gift for Valentine's Day, he would get me a whole house carpet cleaning!

I am thankful for... my very romantic and practical husband who granted my wish along with a pot of red tulips (I am not a fan of red roses for Valentine's, but I do like tulips and bonus: that they will be able to be planted in the fall and be seen again in bloom next spring!!!)

From the learning rooms... I am working on trying some new things. I think that we are in a "rut."

From the kitchen... OH, MY!! Pops grilled a delicious main course tonight! He generously coated a whole (well, a portion of a whole... we like our beef, but we don't like our medium or medium-rare beef reheated to well done - blech!) New York Strip with a spice rub and kosher salt. Then he vacuum sealed it and let it sit in the fridge for a few days. He fired up his fancy pants charcoal grill that he found at the end of last summer (not everyone grills all year long?!?!??) on clearance and let the coals get good and hot. Then he grilled this roast/steak to perfection I must say!! MMMMM mmmmm... Then, he sliced us a steak sized hunk and ... OH, delish! Served up with mushrooms sauteed in butter, mashed sweet potatoes, corn and a romaine lettuce salad and my homemade lemonade - lots of lemons to squeeze!

I am wearing... I don't need to fill this in. You already know. Grey pants (yoga style), t-shirt, hair pulled back.

I am creating... a HUGE mess in my home in order to find peace and serenity.

I am going... try to get to the "bottom" of the mess by the middle of March, but continue to get rid of junk, er, someone else's treasures up until Easter.

I am reading... how to program a Dish Network DVR remote control to turn a new television on and off and louder and quieter.

I am hoping... to continue to get a nice amount of sleep each night all in ONE chunk!

I am hearing... Bump is fussing a bit, so, I hear Pops walking around on the hardwood floor...

Around the house... I have 1 extra large box, 1 large box, 2 medium boxes and 2 small boxes of "stuff" so far gathered up from around my house and priced/tagged to donate to Marci's yard sale that she is having in March to raise money for her daughter's treatment program for Asperger's Syndrome. I hope to find MUCH more to donate to her before her sale in late March.

One of my favorite things... the smell of fresh laundry.

A few plans for the rest of the week... declutter and get it ready to go to Marci's for Pops and Bud to take this Thursday for Blue Knights. Otherwise... calm week?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The only monkey "willing" to be photographed when we went bowling a while back!

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

1 comment:

  1. People don't grill all year round? They are missing out! I can remember Tony at the BBQ while snowing when we lived in Germany!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!