Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Craft Basket Wednesday

Photobucket

Amy, over at Knit Together has been doing a "Craft Carnival" on Wednesdays and asking what other people are crafting. Well, I finally have something to add to the mix!

I made some cozies for cups that contain hot liquids! I wanted to send a quick little gift through the mail to a couple of friends who I don't see often and this was JUST the ticket. So, I worked on sewing these and made them reversible just for fun!

Photobucket

I then cut out some cardstock in the general shape of a cup and wrote a birthday message and a note (which I blotted out for this picture... I didn't figure you all wanted/needed to read the note! But it said something about wishing we could meet up like old times over a cup of coffee or some such thing as I miss my friends who I haven't lived nearby in over 10 years!) and slipped it inside the cozy along with a gift card for a cuppa joe at that celestial money store, if ya catch my drift! Both little cozies had the same fabric: a denim on one side and a faux leather on the other, but I opted to use different kinds of buttons for each gal - that I thought would "fit" them better.

I had fun getting back to my sewing machine for something other than a repair - and it was a quick project, too! My mom found the pattern online somewhere and mailed me a surprise copy... I can't remember where it came from, but I altered the instructions as I wasn't totally happy with the instructions.

Photobucket

Go visit Amy and see what she or anyone else is up to and crafting these days!

5 comments:

  1. awesome!!! I don't even have mine up yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great! They do make nice quick gifts. Like the stuff you added for presentation....the cardstock cup and gift card for a hot drink. Love ya, G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very clever. I think they were great gifts for those people you sent them to.
    Very creative
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER cute!! I want to knit some of these for Christmas gifts next year (to go with gift cards) ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica,
    What a cute and fun little gift!
    Love em.
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!