- Pops loves me even in that first hour after I wake up in the morning. It isn't a fun time, I know. It takes TIME for me to go from asleep to awake. Don't expect that I will be cheerful while getting there. But, he loves me anyway - with ALL of my weird little quirks. In fact, I am anticipating a "Roses are Red, Violets aren't Blue" poem highlighting all of my year's quirks...
- Pops is adventurous. He encourages me and my homebody self to get out of the house with the fam to go do fun (and sometimes new) things.
- Pops is uber-organized and a wee bit anal, but that means he pushes me to get organized and at least stay that way for several days at a time!
- Pops is a hard-worker and an amazing provider for our family.
- Pops is a master griller. I love me a steak and he knows how to grill it. Not quite medium-rare, not quite medium. Just, perfect.
- Pops is a great dad to our treekids and we complement each other on what he does well and what I do well.
- Pops can back a car down the driveway with only one finger, an eye patch on, the sun glaring into the other good eye and a neck brace on. Who needs to turn and look behind you? That vehicle has three mirrors for pete's sake. It sure helps when you are stuck somewhere. Good job, "Mater"!
- Pops helps with the mundane chores of running a house and can keep laundry moving like no one's business.
- Pops keeps the truly important things in life in front of the things that the rest of the world says are important. His perspective on life is remarkable.
- Pops is my partner in life and my best friend.
I love you, Pops! Happy 10th Anniversary! Now, hurry up with your hard-working stuff, today!
We have the kids all scheduled to go and stay the night with some friends. They are excited to go have a fun sleep over and we are off to ... I don't know. Pops won't tell. So, I can't tell, either. But, we are off for 24 hours or so of alone time!