Pops and some of the tree kids went hunting on our little acreage for the coveted morel mushroom this weekend. There was a lot of fun to be had!
They found several areas that had some 'shrooms previously, but the areas were disturbed and the mushrooms were no longer good for cutting.
This was their first go at mushroom hunting and we have learned about good mushrooms as well as poisonous ones - stay clear of those!!
There have been finds along creek beds, near the base of trees, hiding by fences and the lone monster sitting out alongside nothing - standing proud and tall (the largest of all the ones they found at nearly 7 inches tall!) while a beautiful sunbeam streaked through the branches and shone on it like a spotlight.
Definitely a fun memory made!
I cleaned them very well, cut them lengthwise, dredged them in flour (with salt and pepper added) and fried them up in butter! YUM YUM YUM (and we are all still alive with no nasty nausea!!)