Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Daybook, Entry #51 - Welcome 2011 Edition

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Tuesday, Jan 4, 2011...

Outside my window... Dark. Chilly. It is 10:30 pm and it has been a long day! Finally hitting the end of today.

I am thinking... about selling our house and moving.

I am thankful for... LARGE Black Yard Trashbags

From the learning rooms... We have been enjoying a much-needed break. We'll be back to the "grind" next week!

From the kitchen...

Tues: Pork Roast
Wed: Chicken
Thurs: Hamburgers
Fri: Steaks
Sat: Breakfast
Sun: Pizza for the kids - I want to try to make an "adult" portobello mushroom pizza.
Mon: Any ideas to share with me?!?!?!?!!!

I am creating... nothing right now - I did all of my creating last week!!! I made all sorts of homemade gifts for the kids for The Feast of Epiphany. I'll take pictures and show soon enough! Each (big) treekid received three gifts each (poor baby, Bump only got one!!). Each received three gifts just like baby Jesus' Gold (a gift to represent love), Frankincense (a gift to represent worship) and Myrrh (a gift to represent sacrifice or suffering). I had to streeeeeeetch to make my gifts fit into the "categories"! But, that's ok... the kids will love it all anyway!

I am going... to really miss Pops this month. After having him around a lot the past few weeks, this is going to be a LOOONG month! He will be out of town every week, and even on weekends. Blech.

I am reading... Still working on A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot, Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School by John Medina and The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night by Elizabeth Pantley. I guess they are all just on the nightstand not being read while I have been creating last week! I will finish them. Really! I will!!

I am hoping... to get all of the Christmas decorations put away before Pops leaves this weekend for Florida!

I am hearing... football.

Around the house... 4 large yard waste bags, 2 boxes full and headed to St. Vincent DePaul's (all from my room, only!) I am using a swift swinging arm to decide what goes... it is looking like I am being very picky over what I will keep to be packed and moved this year! Hoping these things will bless someone else! It is A LOT of STUFF.

One of my favorite things... the feeling of freedom as things are being released!

A few plans for the rest of the week... more purging, school planning, a trip to the big town, possible camp out, enjoying our time as a family before January hits us on the 8th!

A picture thought I am sharing... My ol' Barker is surely getting older! She has "Dry eye" (the eye without the shine/reflection) and is blind in that eye. She is fallin' apart, but we still love her... when we aren't annoyed with her! Now that she is on her thyroid medication, she has more energy and thinks that she can just take off running when let out of the fence... She needs to calm back down some - she is nearly 10 years old! I gave her a doggy shower yesterday and had to blow dry her coat for a while. Her thyroid meds are making the hair grow in rather thick and I couldn't towel her dry as I have in the past few years! Her hair was so fluffy and curly that she looked more like a teddy bear than an OLD boxer doggy!

Photobucket

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!