Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Daybook, Entry #32


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Wednesday, May 12, 2010...

Outside my window... Sunshine, blue skies, puffy cotton clouds. 72 degrees.

I am thinking... Two sets of adult hands are better than one!!

I am thankful for... Bud & Blossom's awesome assistant coach for baseball who stops by to pick them up for practice, game, pictures when I have Bump down for a nap and Pops isn't around to take them. I LOVE that lady!! :)

From the learning rooms... I am trying something "new." Things got all hairy last week and Bud got behind when he wasn't thorough in his work and I wasn't thorough in keeping my thumb on him until it was all completed. So, I got frustrated and out of my frustration this thought kept running around in my head... "It takes at least 21 days to form a good habit." Sometimes it take longer to break a bad habit and form a good one in its place. SO, we are working on school work EVERY day - seven days a week until it is a habit to get up, get our school work done first and then go about the rest of our day. So far... it is going well. By the time that we get to 28 days, we will be "done" with our year and we will move into our summer plan. I have to fully develop that...

From the kitchen... my "big meal" plans
Tues: we had steaks last night
Wed: pancakes or something fast after the baseball game
Thurs: away from home
Fri: Spaghetti
Sat: Pork Roast
Sun: On the grill (I'd like to do kabobs!)
Mon: It's a mystery for now!
I am wearing... Gray, again. But, it is prettier! The pants are athletic pants with a coral stripe down the leg and the top has darker gray and silver twists and swirls all over it.

I am creating... still working on my "surprise" stuff.

I am going... crazy and as my dad says, it's a short trip (this week anyway!)

I am reading... Back to "Child of Mine" by Ellyn Satter

I am hoping... to have a smooth rest of the week with Pops gone until late on Friday.

I am hearing... Alphabet Jungle - a Sesame Street title that Blossom is watching, Bump just starting to wake and coo, Bark is lapping up water and the big kids are at baseball for pictures - game to follow. We will head down there in just a few minutes.

Around the house... OH MY! Last week I thought we got the toys under control. It appears that the excitement of new things caused more chaos and I ended up being a "mean mom" and put nearly EVERYTHING away. Blossom is left with a teddy bear, a soft doll, an ariel barbie and two dress-up dresses that were hanging in her closet. It was a tearful night. But, she has been quite imaginative with her few things!

One of my favorite things... Umpqua Dairy Brownie Thunder Ice Cream. We CANNOT - I repeat, CAN NOT NOT NOT buy that again. It is just to blasted yummy.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Baseball pictures and game tonight, a trip south to the big city for errands and Bud's Blue Knights club meeting, library time, rearranging the furniture I hope!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

The promise of a tasty treat had her trotting back down the driveway.
The allure of wandering is no longer stronger than a yummy morsel!

(And if you knew her from her early days
and her skeleton "look" you can now see that
the fat cover shows that the treat wins out over
the run about the neighborhood these days!)

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

1 comment:

  1. My dog Pippin's focus has changed, too! He will be nine this fall & the HIGHLIGHT of his days are meal-time & treat-time! He was never much of a beggar in his younger days, but NOW thinks he should get a treat about every hour or so! And of course we indulge him too much!

    Love,
    Aunt S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!