Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Daybook, Entry #36


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Tuesday, June 29, 2010...

Outside my window... Overcast and a chilly 59 degrees

I am thinking... that I have been home for about six days and this is the first time I have had enough time to start in on writing? Well, there was laundry, unpacking, a baby, more laundry, a HUGE box of curriculum arrived, that baby, even more laundry, etc... Arriving home deserves a vacation all on its own!!

I am thankful for... being able to have my kids home with me to see them grow and learn every day - not just through the summer or on holiday "breaks"

From the learning rooms... July 1st is the beginning of our new year... I am feverishly putting the final touches on my plans for this next quarter - I am out of breath in trying to get this done for Thursday!!

From the kitchen... my "big meal" plans
Tues: Baseball Potluck... I'm bringing Mac -n- Cheese (just the ugly box kind that is a sure thing for my kids to eat ~SOMETHING~) and a pan of Tiger Brownies
Wed: Sloppy Joes
Thurs: Spaghetti
Fri: Beef Pot Roast
Sat: Bud has requested homemade "Runzas"
Sun: a meal with friends (what to bring, what to bring!?!?!!)
Mon: Chicken something
I am wearing... comfy knit pants and t-shirt

I am creating... homeschool lesson plans and this blog post (finally, right??!!)

I am going... every direction all at the same time. Sound chaotic? It is!!

I am reading... curriculum - lots and lots of it!!

I am hoping... we have more fun this year with our homeschooling adventure this year.

I am hearing... Blossom crunching on a rice cake for snack, Bump fussing in Bud's arms, Branch singing in her room as she decides what to wear tonight for the potluck!

Around the house... remnants abound that show we recently returned from a long trip and aren't quite back to normal!

One of my favorite things... Home, my very own home sweet home

A few plans for the rest of the week... Baseball potluck tonight, Bump's vaccinations :( tomorrow, start back to school, library time, 4th of July parade, 4th of July picnic - OH, dear!! This week isn't the calm week I was hoping for... maybe we'll slow down in mid-July!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

Calm and serene at sunset in South Central Montana!!

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah...she's back at her blog!!! Love you, G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic! Can't wait to see more from your travels...

    L3M2B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you. Been checking every day in hopes that there would be a new post. So happy that you are back :o), but sounds like you have a FULL plate of activities! Hang in there & hope you & family have a delightful 4th of July!
    Love,
    Aunt S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!