Monday, January 18, 2010

My Daybook, Entry #17


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Monday, Jan 18, 2010...

Outside my window... Raining and VERY Windy, 51 degrees

I am thinking... that sometimes I just am NOT thinking! What was I doing staying up until nearly 2 am talking with Pops and Uncle Arty? I suppose not seeing Arty for a while and ANY adults for the past week had something to do with it, but that little Bump slept for three whole hours while I yapped away!!

I am thankful for... friends and family who come to visit!

From the learning rooms... everyone else is having a holiday today... so are we!

From the kitchen... no plan, yet!

I am wearing... a ponytail, a hot pink t-shirt, gray pants, bare feet

I am creating... ideas for creating something!!

I am going... to try to relax this week some and to rely on the additional adult support available this week!!

I am reading... recipes to make a plan for eating this week

I am hoping... to find time to sew a project this week

I am hearing... Branch talking with Uncle Arty, Bump squawking on Pops' lap, Bark quietly snoring, Blossom playing with a noisemaking book, Bud dinkin' around with something in the loft and the soft clicking of my keyboard.

Around the house... The signs of "company" are evident... suitcases, few toys, plenty of shoes and coats around ready for go-go-going!

One of my favorite things... pancakes - my homemade yummy buttermilk pancakes (we had them for breakfast today... two had theirs plain, two had blueberries and two had chocolate, butterscotch and white chips in them! YUM, Yum, yum!!)

A few plans for the rest of the week... not much of anything that I can think of! WOO HOOO!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Uncle Arty Enjoys Dungeness Crab!!

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea how much I LOVE crab? I am dying here...

    Have fun with Uncle Arty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that Pops, with Uncle Arty in tow, made it home safe & sound. Know you are too! Hope you do have a relaxing week, enjoying your company & each other. :o) By the way, I've been craving pancakes for some reason; your description made me even more hungry for some!

    Aunt S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!