Monday, November 9, 2009

My Daybook, Entry #8

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Monday, Nov 9, 2009...

Outside my window... 47 degrees, cloudy and breezy

I am thinking... That I had the MOST lovely time at the baby shower that Jessica threw (click on the link to go see all the pictures that she posted!! I was too busy at the shower to even take ONE picture!) in celebration of our baby on the way! THANK YOU so much, Jessica, and to everyone who was there!!!

I am thankful for... self-restraint. I still have a little bit left - I nearly ate Bud and Blossom this morning. Some mamma bears don't have that much restraint and the cubs would have been toast!

From the learning rooms... Week 12 in our plans and "F" week for "Along the Alphabet Path"

From the kitchen...
Monday: Pizza
Tuesday: Sloppy Joe's
Wednesday: Roast - or some crockpot concoction
Thursday: Breakfast - Pops is out of town
Friday: Steaks
Saturday: Chili
Sunday: Any good ideas?? Chicken Scampi or Stir-fry sound yummy!!

I am wearing... Jeans, long sleeved t-shirt, flip-flops (I just let the dog out) and my glasses - I need to go find my contacts!

I am creating... A baby sling/pouch for myself! My gift one turned out well!!!

I am going... To my midwife's office today for an ultrasound and "regular appt." I am measuring big, so they are trying to get a feel for how baby is growing... slow down, baby! You have another few weeks to cook!!

I am reading... How to prepare "Hansel & Gretle's Tasty Children Stew."

I am hoping... That all goes well with the rest of this pregnancy.

I am hearing... The dishwasher running. I miss our old dishwasher - from 2 1/2 years ago. It was soooo quiet. This is a "pretty" Amana, but it isn't as quiet or as good at the actual cleaning.

Around the house... Preparing for baby's arrival!!

One of my favorite things... Honeycrisp or Pink Lady Apples. YUM.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Breathe. And then, think about what we'll do the rest of the week!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket


Bud's photo of a deer on the hunting trip.


To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice time! Please help yourself to any pictures you'd like and I will try and get you copies of all of them soon.

    Let me know how the appt goes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, let me know too how the appt was. . . send me an email since you arent on ichat and we will be leaving for judo soon.

    and holy crapsticks, i just saw your sidebar, really, only 24 more days. WOWZERS!!
    r

    ReplyDelete
  3. **WAILS!!!!**
    I wish I could have been there... I have your present here... sniffle. I hope I can get it to you before the baby comes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting waiting for a baby. I love your menu plan. I wish I enjoyed sewing. I'm glad you have some restraint left. I love the picture of the deer. I hope your week is comfortable. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the pictures! Hope you had a great shower!!

    I may need that recipe for tasty children's stew. I think I'm going to cook and eat my five year old. He didn't take a nap and woke his 2 year old brother up 90 minutes early. This means I didn't take a much-needed nap either. Therefore he must be eaten. Maybe we can have a potluck. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!