Monday, September 21, 2009

My Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Monday, Sept 21, 2009...


Outside my window... It is DARK. Fall is on its way, it is pretty dark by eight o'clock, now.

I am thinking... That I will try to do this Daybook each week to help me get on the ball with blogging!

I am thankful for... Burt's Bees Lip Balm. Chapped lips chap my hide.

From the learning rooms... Week 6 of our lesson plans, this week! We did a strange/non-traditional school week last week. It was fun, but we are back to our normal schedule. I hope to take some pictures of some projects this week of some of the treekids' work.

From the kitchen... Gonna be baking this week... Cupcakes, probably for a gaggle of Little Flowers' Girls! But, something seems necessary for here at home, too. Brownies? Blondies? Cookies? Oh, I just cannot decide!! Something sweet, though!

I am wearing... Oh, this is a bad day to answer this! I have on a pair of ill-fitting shorts and a tank top. My hair is up in a ponytail and I am wearing NO makeup. It was HOT today - 97 or so! I tried my best to not turn on the air conditioner today - it is late September, after all!

I am creating... Lots of things on my sewing machine! I finished up a surprise for Branch tonight to go with a little ditty I made for her the other day. I need to hem my skirt and then I will take a picture or two of the things I have been making. I also have a diaper bag in the works and a few more things on my sewing list. Make something for one child, and requests pour in from the others!

I am going... To get Mount Washmore under control. I am four (or possibly) five loads from all clothing clean in our home - which will last for one afternoon, but it will last for that one afternoon and I will smile for ONE afternoon. Does anyone want a poorly paid job? I am going to offer to pay someone to come do laundry and be paid very poorly to do a spectacularly great job at it!

I am reading... Lesson Plans. Patterns. Other interesting blogs... I cannot get sucked into a book right now!

I am hoping... To try very hard to write on this blog Monday through Friday this week... Wish me luck! With a late start today!

I am hearing... Water running out to Bud's pumpkin patch via a drip hose.

Around the house... I have a bit of nesting going on. I re-organized the three main closets upstairs. I hurt my back in so doing, but I feel better for getting it done. I learned, though, to not be in such a hurry. I will take it easy and be patient and have Pops move my heavier items around for me when necessary. No lectures needed, thanks!

One of my favorite things... All the new little baby thing that I have been secretly snatching up here there and everywhere!

A few plans for the rest of the week... The girls have cheer camp/clinic in the evenings this week, with a half-time show at the football game on Friday. Thursday is their Little Flowers Meeting. Saturday is OSU vs. Arizona and Pops will be going and taking one of the treekids with him... to be determined which one on Saturday morning! Sunday is week three of working with the preschool class at church for Religious Ed/Sunday School (so far, so good.).

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket
Tonight, a mama deer and her 2 babies - out the front door, on our street.

To read more daybooks, head over to Peggy's.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Those deer are incredible!

    I enjoyed reading your daybook. I just have to say that your children are precious. They have such perfect skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mount Washmore...lol!

    I enjoyed my visit. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are deer outside of your front door! I would love to see your neighborhood!

    Your Mount Washmore line made me laugh.

    But 97 degrees? It managed to get up to 68 here in Nebraska yesterday. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the projects! I just finished that bag for Rose and now everyone else wants one too! I just keep telling them, "Christmas is coming." lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! And I can't wait to see you guys on Thursday! I am so looking forward to seeing that baby belly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!