Monday, March 10, 2014

Daybook Entry 3.10.14

Outside my window…
There is light just barely glowing on the horizon. OH, how I dislike Daylight Savings Time. Wishing we could just let it be and keep time standard like they do in Arizona!!

I am thinking…
I enjoy hosting parties at my home and hope that all the people who were here for my soon to be sister-in-law's shower enjoyed their time here, had fun visiting, and enjoyed a few delicious treats with their coffee. I plan to post a recipe here later this week that was requested over and over!

I am thankful…
For a most wonderful husband who is a great daddy to his children! While I hosted the bridal shower yesterday, our littlest treekid was OVERWHELMED, to say the least, with all the noise and commotion that is involved with 25 people all in the living/dining room! Li'l guy was completely unconsolable in the house while I was tending to hostessing duties. Pops took him outside and sat in the  truck and calmed him down and let him nap in his arms after he cried himself to sleep. Such a sweet sight that baby finally sleeping in his papa's arms. {{sigh}}

 photo boohoo.jpg
a tear rolling out of his left eye… :(

I am laughing…
I hopped back on the blogging train with 7 posts in 7 days and then disappeared for a week! Sheesh - regularity would be good. Perhaps I need to find a blogging rhythm that works for me! A new post every day doesn't always work. This past week I was very busy preparing for the bridal shower and Pops' was out west galavanting from Boise, ID to Jackson, WY before arriving home 30 minutes before people arrived for the shower! (Thanks be to God that he did and was able to calm and soothe that babe!)

Learning all the time…
Math math math. Double, triple, quadruple a recipe!! I had kids asking what I was scratching and scribbling and showed them all kinds of fraction work. They are seeing how one can use math skills and "when am I ever going to use THIS?" kind of flies out the window seeing me actually figuring!!

Celebrating our faith…
This year during Lent, as we prepare our hearts for Easter, our family is giving up our sugar addiction and avoiding sweets. It is quite challenging for the tree kids as they are very used to enjoying delicious sweets and deserts fairly regularly. Additionally, I have put Facebook scrolling on "limited" to a few minutes on Sundays and checking the pages that are informational and a way for us to stay in the loop of groups and clubs that we are physical members of, not just virtual! Boy, is this a hard one for me! I love to see what people are sharing and doing. People having babies - hope that all goes well! People asking for prayers - I won't be able to know specific prayer requests, all those FB friends are getting blanketed prayers these next few weeks! I set up an app long ago to feed this blog into my FB account. So, these will still post. I wonder what happens when I enter a give-away on another person's page and it has a "like" button or "share" button that I click as an entry into the contest… Hmmmmm...

From the kitchen…
I have seen this past week that there have been many more requests for fruit than over the rest of the winter. A hankering for sweet can be cured with an orange or a banana!

I am working on…
remembering to keep my camera handy. I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures of everything. I didn't get ANY pictures of the bridal shower… but, I enjoyed myself and I think that it turned out beautifully. Wish I had taken pictures, though...

I am creating…
a ribbon bouquet with the package ribbons for my new sister-in-law to be to use at her wedding rehearsal.

I am going…
to eat eggs and bacon in a few minutes. It might be a quiet breakfast as the treekids are all sleeping in late this morning after getting to bed late last night!!

I am hoping…
that no one falls into the lake. People are still out ice fishing on the nearby lake. There is much open water. It was 70 degrees yesterday - but people still are drilling holes and putting a line in the water hoping to catch a fish! CRAZY, I tell you! I hope these crazy people do not fall in!!

I am reading… 
Lent Reflections with Father Barron this year. They are short little thoughts/devotions that show up in my email inbox. Things to ponder, ways to grow closer to Jesus, ways to challenge myself to grow in holiness… all packed into a short little snippet each day through Lent.

I am listening…
The sounds of the ocean are rolling in on the baby monitor. Our "white noise" machine has been in use a lot more lately. Coach Tim Miles talking with his team. Pops is watching  video and loves sharing what this coach says and does with me.

Around the house…
I have a little bit of clean up to tend to, today. Just straightening things up and getting things back to living life order! I am excited about the little touches I added in our "main" bathroom this past week. I finally decided on what I wanted in there after living here over a year, now! I added a couple vinyl cut-outs to the wall and Bump is telling the world we have new tattoos on the wall in the bathroom! Perfect! I will look in there and think of my Aunt Grace, though, every time I see the owls decorating the little room! (And I am appreciative of the help that my mother-in-law added in there with a couple rugs, some towels and a decorative owl! What fun she brought along with her this week! The treekids all liked the foam airplanes she brought them mush better than the rugs!)

One of my favorite things…
A quiet morning wake up. Kids still sleeping, me alone pondering the day. (Why don't I get up earlier than everyone else EVERY day!?!)

A few plans for the week…
Bud has his first book club meeting today. We are seriously contemplating a long family journey out west with Pops again for his work.

Pondering these words…

 photo Patterns.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Come and see us all again! I got out of the habit of taking pictures when my camera died. Now I have a new one but I forget! Then I think I can't write a blog post, I have no pictures! It is a vicious cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was the recipe you were going to post that was requested over and over again?? Curious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!