Friday, November 30, 2012

Adventuring out West!!!

Tomorrow we will set off on an adventure, yet again!

Pops will arrive at the airport around lunchtime, we'll pick him up with a freshly packed case of clothing and we'll be on our way! Pops has two conferences to work in Southern California. So, the kids and I are tagging along on the very long drive to soak in the experience!

We will be in Anaheim for the first half of the week and will finish the week in San Diego. I suspect that on the day that he has "off" in the middle of the week we will make an attempt at seeing "The Mouse." Bump loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon, so it might be a hit for even him! Tinkerbell is fresh on both girls' minds and Bud will love roller coastering and rolling his eyes at princesses. If we go, my question is: "NOW, can we never return??" I know - what a stick in the mud I am! I am just really not a fan of the craziness of Disney.

I am, however, looking forward to returning to the San Diego Zoo! I really thought that it was all that it was hyped up to be. I liked their layout, the bus system in the zoo, the overhead sky tram, the panda exhibit... yes, the list could go on and on! I am also looking forward to the beach. Oh, how I have missed the ocean. The sounds, the smells, the feel of the spray on your face, the sand between your toes pulling away in the tide... Yep - I'm ready!!

So - if this is where we are going... any suggestions??

  • Legoland - what is it, what did you think of it?
  • Museums - which ones are great for kids AND adults?
  • Beaches - ones to hit/ones to stay clear of?
  • Disney - what here must we do/see/try??
  • other places????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!