Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Daybook, Entry #45


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Tuesday, Oct 26, 2010...

Outside my window... 44 very cloudy with a few scattered low lying clouds, the colors are changing on the mountainside to show a beautiful masterpiece of many shades of green, golden and a few pops of red... OH, fall is HERE - I LOVE FALL!!!

I am thinking... about organization. How to organize my life with all that I NEED to do and continue to do all that I WANT to do!! Lists are good, but not good enough! What tips do you have for staying on track? Yes, I've tried "FlyLady" but I get sucked in by the excessive emails and that derails my efforts. Any other ideas??

I am thankful for... Oregon. Who knew it was going to be the most beautiful place I have ever lived!?!

From the learning rooms... I have learned something. Unit studies are VERY mom intensive. I sure hope that these treekids are enjoying their unit studies because I am not going to undertake a year-long unit study ... EVER. AGAIN. I will consider doing a week long unit study as a break from the regular grind, but unit study all year? NOPE!! Congrats to all those moms and dads out there who do unit studies and are successful.

From the kitchen...

Tues: I'm all cooked out for, this is day 6 of Pops being away. I want take out!! We'll see...
Wed: Steaks (Pops is scheduled to be home for supper!) with acorn squash and broccoli
Thurs: Hamburgers, sweet potatoes, salads
Fri: Enchiladas, salsa, guacamole, tortilla chips,
Sat: Roast, mashed potatoes, corn
Sun: Meatloaf, baked potatoes, peas
Mon: Chicken stir fry and rice

I am wearing... I don't think I will keep this question on here in the future. You must all think that I only wear gray pants. Which is partly true, but not entirely. It must just be my Tuesday uniform!!

I am creating... sanity in an insane situation (or at least I am trying!).

I am going... to the post office today. One of my biggest hopes/wishes/requirements/demands of our next home... Mail delivery to a mail box at our home. I do not like traipsing downtown to pick up the mail or to mail a simple letter. I would like it to be at the end of the driveway where the treekids could get the mail and send out their own letters whenever they would like.

I am reading... some ideas for the upcoming season of advent and Christmas. A bit early, yes, but if I hope to do anything new, I better get things ordered and organized by mid November!

I am hoping... to find a system to put into place for keeping things on track. I think most people call it a routine or something similar. But, I just want a system that will work for us all!

I am hearing... dadadadadadada. That is Bump's word that means, dad, dog, cat, toy, ball... and all this time Pops was thinking he said his first word and it was "dad." NOT SO FAST, Buster! He only says "mamama" when he wants ME!!

Around the house... 95% of the laundry is clean, folded and put away. The living room is tidy, the laundry room just got an overhaul, we have been schooling in the kitchen/dining room and it SHOWS. YIKES!! Since the loft is not the safest place to take Bump and pay attention to 500 million things at once, the only schooling that goes on up there these days is computer work, which is math, typing and a phonics program.

One of my favorite things... have I mentioned my Dyson Animal here before? If not... oh, my!! I have had it just shy of a year and I love how well it cleans my carpets! You should see the sheer quantity of dust and assorted dirt that I through away out of the canister.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Pops will get home on Wednesday, we hope to hit the pumpkin patch, costumes need to be figured out, school work needs to be accomplished, children need to get well... looks like a busy week is headed our way!

A picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

This is from our last trip to the coast at the end of August. I am itchin' to go back again.

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!