Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Daybook, Entry #44


The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY
Tuesday, Oct 5, 2010...

Outside my window... 65 and sunshine

I am thinking... about my friend from college. Her 7 moth old baby boy was found not breathing in his crib at the end of nap time at day care yesterday. Things aren't looking good for them as they are getting test results back this afternoon. She has been on my mind all day today and last night. I pray that she and her husband find the strength and peace of God to carry them through. Would you pray with me??

I am thankful for... all the time that I get to spend with my children while we learn together.

From the learning rooms... Bud is still working on a Narnia Unit Study, Branch has transitioned over to a 50 States Unit Study and Blossom is working very hard at her 3 R's... and I am seeing some SERIOUS progress in her reading... but OH, she digs her heels in when we push a little!!

From the kitchen...

Tues: Kielbasa, Kraut, Applesauce, Apple Cider... signs of fall, y'all!
Wed: Chicken Nuggets or left over chili (for me! chicken nuggets are GROSS!)
Thurs: OUT - I am thinking I will be ready to have a "break"
Fri: BBQ Pork... Bump and I had a little sample at our local grocer's open house - it was SOOO yummy and Bump couldn't get enough! He had a little all around his mouth... just drippin' and droolin' every where as we walked through the store.
Sat: Pops will be grilling brats for breakfast, juicy burgers for noon and we'll go breakfast for supper!
Sun: Meatloaf
Mon: any ideas for an easy option??

I am wearing... Gray knit pants with "HUSKERS" printed down the leg, a red knit top and my hair up in a knot

I am creating... well, I created Banana Bread and it was yummy!

I am going... to be home with my treekids this week without Pops. He is going to be gone for work. I miss him ALREADY!

I am reading... for Book Club - The Thirteenth Tale by... Diane Setterfield (YES, still - just renewed it from the library!!)

I am hoping... for some medical miracles.

I am hearing... giggling children.

Around the house... still working on that reward chart. Need to be doing more getting rid of stuff.

One of my favorite things... snuggling my babe to sleep in a rocking chair.

A few plans for the rest of the week... SURVIVAL.

A picture thought I am sharing...

Photobucket

"Tough Enough to Wear Pink" Day at The Pendleton Round-Up

I wore a strand of pink beads in honor & remembrance of all those women I know who have undergone the challenge of Breast Cancer. I wore an extra strand and the rest of my pink stuff in honor of Becky Torrens, the mother of my maid-of-honor and best friend in college, who is the latest woman (whom I know) to have been given the diagnosis of breast cancer. She is in the trenches battling this disease. Would you add her to your prayer list, too?

To read more daybooks or to join in the fun, head over to Peggy's.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the spousal absence. Jeremy has been gone for almost two weeks and I'm starting to feel a little crazy! Hope Pops is home soon (Jeremy comes home Fri). Good luck 'til then!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for jumping in and leaving your thoughts!!

I sure like to know who enjoys playing around the treehouse!